It’s that time of year again where we get to write you letters and ask you for things. The past two years you have really pulled through and delivered some great additions to the social media industry. When I asked for more personalized Facebook pages, you gave me Timeline! When I asked for the next big thing, you gave me Pinterest! Now it’s a new year and I have new
1. I can’t stand to see them fighting like this. Plus, it looks like I have no pictures on Twitter since you removed all my Instagrams.
2. . Things get lost on timeline very easily, but wouldn’t it be great to have a search function to find things?! I know search isn’t Facebook’s sweet spot but maybe 2013 is the year!
3. Yes, I asked for this last year… and the year before. Favoriting is not the same. Some tweets aren’t worthy of a favorite or a RT. Just a like.
4. . Why the 400 liker restriction? Small businesses want to reward their fans with exclusive deals too.
5. . Could you give your buddy Zuckerberg a call and give us back our newsfeed visibility? I very rarely complain about Facebook changes but this just makes it that much harder to get content seen, even when your content is stellar.
6. . I am really rooting for Justin Timberlake. I have a new Myspace page myself and it really isn’t all that bad.
7. . Just kidding… but really.
8. . Currently, you have to delete every member of the group before being given the option to delete the group. I understand the logic, but is this really the most efficient way of doing things?
9. I know there are free tools out there but I really want Insights for Pinterest. We already know that click through rates and purchases from Pinterest are real, but I need numbers!
10. Uploading videos to Facebook as opposed to just sharing a link from YouTube has it’s advantages. However, I don’t get to select my freezeframe, optimize size, or anything. Give us some wiggle room here!
11. I miss the giant group chats. Bring them back!
12. I realize I am asking a lot here. I want to be able to compare my brand to other brands and do a deep dive into click through, engagement, and ads. Let me know what you can do here…
Alright Santa… work your magic! And just in case, send this over to Hannukah Harry too (I want to make sure I’m covered!).
S.W.A.T. (Sealed with a tweet!) and the Likeable team!
Click here to see my wishlists for 2011 and 2012.